Agenda - July 25, 2017
Butte County Public Law Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 25, 2017 12:00 Noon
1675 Montgomery Street, Oroville
- Minutes of the April Meeting
- 2017 - 2018 Budget
- 2016-'17 will end at -4,500 for the Year and +1,000 for January-June. The 2017-'18 initial budget forecast is for 2016-'17 filing fee revenue + interest on reserves = 2017-'18 actual expenses = 148,000.
- Staff has been without COLAs or raises for 9 years. The 2017-'18 initial budget gives Joyce Monday a 4% COLA and John Zorbas a 13.1% raise in hourly compensation, but for 10% less hours - for a wash in terms of expenses. PERS counts an employee as being Full Time, beginning at 35 hours weekly. 35 hours is the five sevens workweek of Legal Services employees. The Library Hours would not be affected by the change.
- The Summary attachment shows Income and Expenses side-by-side for Three Years
- New Photocopier/Printer – not factored into the Budget: Advanced Document Concepts proposal: The Cost Analysis submitted with Advanced Document Concepts’s proposed lease shows a savings of approximately $375 a year and replaces the 20-year-old Lanier and the inefficient HP Officejet with one leased machine that will do color and black-and-white printing and serves as a collating duplex copier. The Lease commitment is for 5 years. The Item could add to Income for the Budget.
PUBLIC COMMENTS and ADJOURNMENT